1. Students in grades 6 through 12 are welcome to apply to be volunteens.
2. Volunteens will be trained to work one-on-one with young children who will be practicing their reading skills.
3. Students who are accepted into the volunteen program must attend one of the mandatory training sessions. The dates and times are: Wednesday, February 15 at 7pm or Thursday, February 16 at 3:30pm. NOTE: Training sessions are required for everyone, even if you have been a volunteen in the past.
4. The program runs every Thursday, from 3:30pm-4:30pm, beginning Thursday, March 1st through Thursday, April 19th. That is 8 weeks.
5. Students receive 9 hours of community service (8 hour long sessions plus the training session). A letter will be sent to the student's home at the end of the program.
6. Contact Kim Lynn, teen librarian, at email@example.com or 978-623-8401 x56 if you are interested in participating. Please include your name, address, phone number, email address and grade.